Tuesday 25 March 2014

Where in the World - A Lift-a-Flap creation

I decided that I would create a handmade version of my book using lift-a-flaps. This is so that I could incorporate an overt learning element to the book underneath the flaps without losing any of the entertainment of the narrative.

Where In The World, as displayed below, does not have flaps on all of the pages. Instead, I decided to focus only on the pages which would directly benefit from a flap. 















Evaluation: Overall, I feel that the lift-a-flap method was a success. However, the printing costs for lift-a-flaps is higher and would push the cost of the book up, which is directly against the decision to keep the prices as low as possible. On the other hand, the ability to transform the book into both a lift-a-flap and a normal book opens up the ability to have more than one book out on the market, just like the book 'The Story of the Little Mole'.

No comments:

Post a Comment