Friday 28 March 2014

Bird Tutorial - Luke Pearson



Luke Pearson, responsible for the Bird tutorial and subsequent animal illustrations, is an illustrator, cartoonist and comic book artist. He has produced art for the New York Times,

Penguin Books,

Disney Television Animation

and Cartoon Network.

He is the writer and artist of Hilda, a series of comics suitable for all ages, as well as a short graphic novel called Everything We Miss.



Pearson's easy-to-follow, transferable technique implements the concept of signifiers, and creates fun and simple animal cartoons, ideal for children's books.

My Attempts at Luke Pearson's Bird Tutorial




Evaluation: Although I like the technique, I do not feel that the simplistic and neo-realist style is conducive to the ideas that I have for my children's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment